Saturday, December 24, 2005

Word of the Day

Insumnia - Miscounting sheep.

Twas the day before Christmas and all through the house....

DD daughter is sleeping and so is #1 son. HTP is reading the paper going through computer withdrawal pains because DD daughter is sleeping in his office and he can't get at his computer. I've made breakfast, am sipping on my second cup of coffee, and am considering whether or not I should set out a plate of cookies, knowing that they may just be too great of a temptation for HTP to resist.

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

We'll be dashing about a plenty in a couple of hours. #1 son has to be at church at around 4 PM. Since it takes about 30 minutes to get to the church, that means that we need to leave our home at around 3 PM. Now...add "getting ready" time and you've got us jumping around at 1:30 PM. DD daughter plans to wear her dress uniform and told me that she really NEEDS to play with my iron. Me? I plan to wear a suit. HTP tells me that it's too hot for him to wear a sweater.

We'll be rendevousing with Arizona daughter and her hubby at the church. #1 son will be playing for the 5 PM service with the brass ensemble. After church, we're all going to have supper at Outback. It seems that this has become a tradition. Woohoo! No cooking for me. We'll come back here afterwards and open our Christmas Eve presents, nosh on Christmas cookies, drink coffee laced with Bailey's, and spend time conversing.

Then after all that clatter....

Santa will come and fill the stockings with care, adding colorful presents spilling over under our Charlie Brown tree. And then I'll be dreaming of a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer, with a little old driver, so lively and quick, flying away in his sleigh like the down on a thistle. And I know I'll hear, as I dream of sugarplums and dancing fairies, "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

Murphyism of the Day

Scott's First Law

No matter what goes wrong, it will probably look right.

No comments: