Thursday, December 15, 2005

Word of the Day

Idget - A dorky, but all around lovable person.

Today was a very important day. The Iraqi's voted. I'm praying that this will be a turning point for our troops over there. GI Joe will be celebrating Christmas this year in Iraq. This is reality. He's supposed to be in Iraq until sometime next November. My thoughts and prayers are with all of our military serving in Iraq, and throughout the world. May God Bless them and keep them safe. Thank you for your service and the sacrifices that you and your families make each and everyday.

I spent the morning cleaning and removing cat hair from the former Camp Furball. The room is now ready once again for guests.

Baking. I made Brown Sugar Cookies today. That takes time. I made two batches of them since I'll have all three of my children home for Christmas. This is one recipe that I HAVE to make each year. This year I was a bit lazy and didn't roll them out as thin as I have in years past. Each recipe yielded 10 and 1/2 dozen shaped cookies. I'll start the decorating process tomorrow but I'm going to make sure to keep some aside for our traditional cookie decorating festivities when my son gets home.

HTP just called. He stopped at the store on his way home, knowing that I would be needing more baking supplies. I'm down to my last stick of margarine. There are only three eggs left in the fridge. I think I have enough flour. Well...tomorrow I'll make Spritz. I think I've got enough fixings for that. At least I'll have the car tomorrow should my estimate be too optimistic.

Murphyism of the Day

Benedict's Principle

Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

No comments: