Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Word of the Day

Intouristing - What a tourist likes to see or do.

Laundry Day. But I didn't get started on that immediately at the crack of dawn. Almost, but not quite.

DD daughter got all packed up and hit the road. I'm assuming that she's there by now but we haven't heard. I'm not really expecting to hear from her. If her horse is OK, then I'm sure she's spending time with her horse before heading back to her apartment. If her horse isn't OK, well then...I won't even think about that but I doubt that we'll hear for a while at least. It's always a lot easier to pass on happy news than sad news.

#1 son poked his head out a couple of times. He's not feeling too well today. Last night he was complaining about a sore throat. Par for the course. It seems that HTP's genes dictate that anytime a person can relax from work or school, they'll get sick. In other words, my kids, HTP, HTP's sister and his entire family only get sick when they're on vacation or when they have time to be sick.

I've got a new toy. It came in the mail today though HTP got it for me for Christmas. It's a beverage/wine cooler. It'll cool a bottle of wine in 3 minutes. Since I had to try it out to see if it will actually work, I'm sipping on the a glass of the first bottle I chilled...as I blog. It works! Only...it won't work for champagne so when we're in Vegas over New Year's, I'm going to have to employ the old-fashioned method of cooling down our champagne in a waste basket full of ice. Hey! It may not work quickly but it works. Anyway, I find that you can chill a can of Coke with this machine as well as a bottle of beer, besides the wine. The thing is that I love white wine but it always takes a certain amount of planning. Now? Woohoo! I can have white wine in three minutes as long as I have a supply of it in my liquor cabinet. I may have to go out and buy a wine rack.

I note that another new Christmas toy is busy glowing out in the garden. A friend of mine got me a really neat frog. He's solar powered. Anyway, he reclines in my garden and it looks like he's been noshing on fireflies because his tummy is all alight. Really cute. I've always been reluctant to get these solar powered light things because when they first came out they didn't work too well. I may have to rethink this policy because my new frog is glowing brightly.

Murphyism of the Day

Silverman's Paradox

If Murphy's Law can go wrong, it will.

No comments: