Sunday, December 18, 2005

Word of the Day

Inbetweedle - Used when unable to decided whether to say in between or in the middle.

I played my clarinet today with our church orchestra. Two services. That's really not too much for me to handle on a normal basis but...I burned my lip the other day when I was making peanut brittle. I now have a cracked and bleeding lip. Oh well, one must make some sacrifices. I just wish it didn't have to be a blood sacrifice.

On my way home from church, I made yet another stop at the grocery store. I have a hankering for pot roast. So, I bought a roast. Since it'll take four hours to cook, I started the process as soon as I got home. After about 30 minutes, HTP called me into his office and asked what smelled so awful. What?! I thought my roast smelled wonderful. "My pot roast smells awful?!" "OH! You're making pot roast?", he asked. "I thought you were making cookies. Nevermind, that's OK, it smells great." Apparently, the smell and his thought that I was making a strange new recipe of cookies just didn't compute. To him I was making some cookies and they really smelled horrible. Once he realized that I was making pot roast, his nose computer was back on track.

I decided to take a day off from baking cookies. I'll resume my baking marathon tomorrow. Well, maybe I'll just make a couple of batches of brownies. Later tonight after supper. Right now I need a nap.

Murphyism of the Day

Leahy's Law

If a thing is done wrong often enough, it becomes right.

No comments: