Friday, December 23, 2005

Word of the Day

Insongnia - The reason singers work late into the night.

Errands. #1 son wanted a haircut. He snuck in under the wire and got his haircut just before the barbershop was getting ready to close. The barber closed for the day right after that. After that we braved the stores so that #1 son could finish up his Christmas shopping. Done.

I'm making turkey with all the fixings for supper tonight. I've got to get this blogged so I can get started on that. #1 son didn't have a true Thanksgiving dinner this year so I thought I'd try to squeeze it in while he's here before the dinner I plan to make for Christmas.

Right now #1 son is at a brass ensemble practice. He's going to be playing his trumpet tomorrow at one of the Christmas Eve services.

HTP told me that DD daughter is on her way. I expect to see her in another hour or so...traffic not-withstanding. I'm making one of her favorite side dishes. Green bean casserole.

Murphyism of the Day

Chisholm's First Law

When things are going well, something will go wrong.

Corollaries

1. When things just can't get any worse, they will.
2. Anytime things appear to be going better, you have overlooked something.

No comments: