Saturday, December 10, 2005

Word of the Day

Horredy - A horrer-comedy

We got home last night after dark. This morning I took a good look at the damage several nights of below freezing temperatures here in the desert did to my plants. Damage. Everything looks pretty bad. Thankfully, I left my rubber tree and my milk cactus covered while we were away. I think the ficus and the thevitia will recover. I suppose the bouganvillea and lantana will recover as well. Although nipped, I'm sure the dwarf oleander will be fine along with the natal plum. Even the palms look a bit nipped around the edges. Only the red yucca looks untouched. I probably lost a couple of my hibiscus. Oh well... I'll keep my fingers crossed. The citrus don't look too bad. The pomegranate will be fine. I suppose they were somewhat protected between our house and our neighbor's place. The tomatoes? Forget it. They're gone. Actually, all my plants look damaged. I know that most will come back this spring but we're in for an eye-sore this winter while we're here until the warmer temperatures of spring arrive. My neighbor was concerned that the HOA start sending out notices about dead and dying plants but I told her that they'll probably hold off until it's a definite that a plant or tree won't recover. I hope I didn't speak too soon on that.

Murphyism of the Day

If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which a procedure can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way will promptly develop.

No comments: