Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Word of the Day

Hortitorture - The mistreatment of one's plants; usually resulting in their demise.

My laundry is all done, folded and stowed. I'm moving a bit slow today. I've got the worst, painful, stiff neck. It struck last night. Don't know why. But, anyway, it's slowing me down a bit. I'd planned to do a lot more today. I did finish up ALL the Christmas present wrapping. ALL DONE! I mean it this time. I finished making two batches of Cinnamon Jan Hagel and I've got another two batches of Almond Jan Hagel in the oven right now. I plan to make sugar-free versions of both, another four batches of cookies, before I quit tonight. I'll have to make the Russian Teacakes tomorrow. Maybe HTP will lend a hand on that. Those are his favorite cookies. The thing is that they need to be dusted with powdered sugar and I'm not happy with my sugar-free version of powdered sugar. Heck! I may just go ahead and dust them with the real stuff. I don't think that the little dusting of powdered sugar will cause too many diabetic problems. Into life, a bit of sugar must fall. In the meantime, I've trying to drive HTP nuts with the Christmas music I'm shaking the house with.

Murphyism of the Day

Every solution breeds new problems.

No comments: