Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Word of the Day

PIZZICATO - An indication to a musician that he or she has had too much coffee -- time to take a break.

Two down, four to go. I had my second of six dental appointments. And that's all I have to say about that other than this appointment was better than the last. I hope a pattern is starting to form.

I picked a very few wild raspberries yesterday. It looks like there will be a lot to pick in weeks to come but right now there really aren't enough to bother. I'll try again in a week. I did note that there is going to be a lot of blackberries this year...if they ever get ripe.

I bought three new mugs today at The Pottery Shed. HTP felt sorry for me and took me over there after my dental appointment. The Pottery Shed sells all kinds of pottery and art glass and just plain tourist junk. I'm always on the look out for coffee mugs. I prefer the ones that are big enough to hold a real cup of coffee. I also like them to have the character of something that can't be mass produced. You never know what you'll find when you step into the Pottery Shed. Their inventory is constantly changing. When I visited them last year, I found one mug that kind of fit the bill. However, I did find some other neat stuff. Today I found three mugs from three different potters. Some people insist on having matching coffee mugs in their cupboards. None of my mugs match. They each have their own unique personalities. Or at least I try to make sure that my mugs have that "one of a kind" attribute. I mourn their loss if one breaks.

Murphyism of the Day

Blair's Observation

The best-laid plans of mice and men are usually about equal.

No comments: