Monday, July 24, 2006

Word of the Day

Randumb - A foot chase gone bad.

I went shopping again today. There was a sale at JCPenny so I took #1 son to fill out his wardrobe a bit more. We only went into the city this time. We stopped at Culver's for lunch. I got a butterburger basket. We would have gotten dessert but just before we were getting ready to pack it in a saleslady came up and offered us a free rootbeer shake. Blink. Rootbeer shake. Apparently, they had made one by mistake and decided to offer the mistake to us. We took it. Actually, though unusual, it wasn't too bad. I only took a taste before handing it over to #1 son. We both decided after that experience, we really didn't need more ice cream or actually, they call it frozen custard.

We got a bit more rain while #1 son and I were in the city. Not much. A mere .16 inches. We'll need a lot more than that to save the berry crop.

I finished one of my books and have started on a second. It's wonderful to know that I have so many books that I've never read before just waiting for me to pick them up. I hate to take the time out from reading to make supper. Sigh.

Murphyism of the Day

Herman's Law

A good scapegoat is almost as good as a solution.

No comments: