Saturday, July 08, 2006

Word of the Day

Qcumbersome - A salad that has too many cucumbers.

I beginning to see a pattern. I water the grass and before I finish dancing with sprinklers, it rains. Mind you...it wasn't enough to make a difference in the needed water for my lawn but it was enough to make it uncomfortable for me to do the sprinkler dance. And now my hair is all fuzzy.

I went to a lake association meeting this morning with my folks. We felt that we'd better go just in case. The lake association isn't like an HOA...yet. I don't want to miss one of these meetings when they decide to enact such a thing. It was interesting and I was glad I was there. A DNR guy was there to tell us how many walleye are in the lake. There would be a lot more if we didn't have so many people overfishing the lakes. Anyway, we got to vote on a proposal to change the limit for walleye on the lakes. I had three choices. Keep the limit as is and risk total extinction of walleye in our lake. Up the size limit of walleye from the current 15" to 18"...keeping the bag limit of three the same. Or, limit the catch (a pocket limit) to walleyes between the size of 14" and 18" and you can only keep one over 18". I picked the later. Then someone complained that the perch were scarce in the lake so another limit was proposed for those. I could chose to limit panfish to a bag limit of 10 (you can't even have a meal out of that) or keep the panfish limit as is at 25 and put a bag limit on perch of 10 at 10" or bigger. Again, I picked the later. Anyway, the wheels of the bureaucracy that makes these decisions grind slowly. Our "poll" and suggestions won't get considered until next year and then no-one really can do anything until 2010.

Murphyism of the Day

Van Herpen's Law

The solving of a problem lies in finding the solvers.

No comments: