Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Word of the Day

Quinquiliquifier - Someone who enjoys adding pointless "qu"s to words to enhance difficulty in pronunciation.

Let's see. Laundry. Picked and cleaned the lettuce. Fertilized the tomatoes. Dancing with sprinklers. Still should go out and pick wild raspberries but I can't seem to find the energy. It's cooled off a bit. A bit. More important the humidity isn't so bad. The deerfly are still nasty.

So, on Friday, July 14th, HTP and I wandered down to the player's club desk to see if we'd earned enough points for a free breakfast. Shock! It seems that we earned plenty for a free breakfast and then some. We took the breakfast comp and after enjoying breakfast returned to the player's club desk to get our free garden tool sets and swim bags. I also earned enough to get a couple of $15 Walmart gift cards. And we got the comp for lunch at the same place we had breakfast. Great view!

I returned to my Aces w/no Faces machines. As luck would have it, I hit the Royal. Woohoo! Flushed with success. Aside from that not much hit but it was fun to get that Royal. I messed around some with some other slots. Won some, lost some.

Our lunch was good. After lunch we got a comp for a late movie and decided to eat at the same restaurant for supper. We decided to go to the movies REALLY late so we could avoid some of the kids. Sigh. Oh well...at least we tried. We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean. OH MAN!!!!! It was wonderful. HTP wasn't too fond of it but then I guess Johnny Depp doesn't do much for him. I can't wait until the third movie. We didn't get out of the movie until early Saturday morning. Just time enough to toddle off to bed.

These vacations tend to wear me out a bit. Stay tuned for the Saturday installment in tomorrow's blog.

Murphyism of the Day

Kelley's Law

Nothing is ever as simple as it first seems.

No comments: