Monday, July 31, 2006

Word of the Day

Re-mail - An e-mail that has probably already made the rounds once, but you think it is worth a second look.

Dental appointment. I now have a temporary crown. Pffft! I hate those things. Top it off it doesn't seem to actually fit quite right. I guess that isn't all that much of a biggy. If it were a permanent crown I wouldn't put up with it. Only...I have to live with this one until the end of the month. Groan. Oh well, at least it seems to be a bit bendable. I'll just have to beat it into shape.

I went to the Pottery Shed and bought another couple of mugs and a new vase. I actually was thinking about picking wildflowers today to put in my new vase but...it's too hot. Hot and humid. Groan. There are lots of things that I should be doing outside right now and after moments outside I decided to race back to the comfort of our air-conditioning. Maybe I'll go out and pick the beans tomorrow morning. And if that doesn't kill me, I'll pick some wildflowers to put in my new vase.

Murphyism of the Day

The First Rule of Excavation

If you are in a hole, stop digging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been enjoying your blog for quite a while now. You see, my sister-in-law lives in Chandler and I live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. So I can really relate to your two locations. I love reading about how you do your sprinkler dance and things. You are a good writer!

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I forgot to say that I love your new look!

I'm assuming the froggy is a tattoo??

Old Grey Frog said...

I'm working on a new look. The froggy is the tattoo that I got because I told my kids that I'd get one when I reached the ripe old age of 50.