Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Word of the Day

Rememberize - Remembering and memorizing.

Any day that I don't have to dance around with sprinklers is a good day. With the rain that we got last night and the few drips that we got today, I won't need to do the sprinkler dance again until next week...I hope. The temperatures have cooled but the humidity remains. I gather from the weather channel that all the heat that we've been experiencing these last few days has moved on to the east. Actually, that's really no great surprise. Our weather always seems to travel to the east...at least this time of year. I tend to look to our west to see what to expect in the day or hours to come.

I was able to run out to the garden during that one moment when the garden had dried off from last night's storm and before the next cloud burst arrived. Using my time wisely, I finished picking my beans. And then with the little time I had remaining, I picked my cucumbers.

I snipped, cleaned, snapped and canned the beans. I sliced up the cucumbers with my finger guillotine along with some onion. Salted them down and they're just waiting for me to make cucumber salad. Later. On a side note, my fingers remain unharmed...this time.

No...I didn't forget the laundry. It's Tuesday. Laundry Day. It just seems so repetitive to keep telling you every Tuesday that I'm washing, drying, folding and putting away laundry. Now...if I plan to ever skip laundry on a Tuesday...I'll let you know.

You probably have already noticed my new blog format...template. DD Daughter informed me that my old template was outdated and becoming obsolete. So, with tons of help from her, I decided to update and rejuvenate. However, I still plan to keep to the same light and fluffy subject base. Try. Maybe someday someone will read this blog and wonder why I rarely speak of current events. But you see...despite the Breaking News, the predictable response that a politician who happens to be a Democrat to the opinion of a politician who happens to be a Republican, despite the fears that Iran will get The Bomb...and use it, despite all the Marines and soldiers that I know who are stationed in Iraq, or off the shores of Lebanon, or wherever they may be, despite the threat of another terrorist attack somewhere here in the United States, I still have to clean the house, make the beds, wash the toilets, cook, and do everything that I need to do to keep things running in my home.

We all still have to function. And me? I spend a lot more time praying. I find that praying doesn't interfere with my ability to function. Actually, I find that I function a lot better with the added power of prayer. I really don't think that the world needs another blogger who rants and raves about politics, news, or religion. However, having said that, I reserve the right to rant occasionally. I find ranting once and a while saves me from migraines and ulcers.


Murphyism of the Day

Hiram's Law

If you consult enough experts you can confirm any opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the new format. Way beyond my ability tho.