Friday, August 18, 2006

Word of the Day

Sectretary - One employed to handle correspondence and manage routine work for an extreme or heretical religious denomination, sect.

#1 son will be heading out about midnight to go pick up his friend at the airport in The Big City. I figure that it will be raining about then. So, anyway, cleaning was the order of the day. That and more cleaning.

My sister is coming to The Lake this weekend. My brother is coming to The Lake this weekend. My brother-in-law (the one who bow hunts) came up to The Lake today. He and his buddies put up a couple of deerstands on the logging road...anticipating deer-hunting season. Oh...and he brought me some venison bacon and steaks from the deer he got last season. I'd never heard of venison bacon before. He tells me the butcher makes an Italian sausage out of venison too. HTP's sister won't eat venison. My gain.

I'll probably be making more schnapps as soon as my sister gets up to her place. I'm told that we've got orders to make more of the strawberry schnapps. I hope she can find some decent strawberries.

Murphyism of the Day

Jordan's Law

An informant who never produces misinformation is too deviant to be trusted.

No comments: