Friday, August 25, 2006

Word of the Day

Shoevenir - Shoe collection.

It really isn't hot outside. It's been cool all day. The thing is...when the temperature is the same a the dewpoint...it feels...sticky....wet...clammy. To top it off, it's been cloudy. The weather radio would drawl that word. "Cla-ow-dee." Makes you want to grab the radio and toss it across the room.

OK. I admit it. Maybe I'm just a wee bit cranky. HTP would say my mood is because #1 son is moving out tomorrow. I want to toss HTP across the room too. Pffft! I feel all PMSy and at this point...well...I could be menapausal but don't tell HTP because he doesn't believe in it. He thinks that sort of thing is a myth created by pissy women. I keep reminding myself that Thou Shalt Not Kill is right up there in The Ten Commandments.

Anyway, #1 son is all packed up. The SUV is all loaded. He plans to leave for The Big City tomorrow at 5 AM. I really don't think that #1 son's moving explains away my mood. I expect it contributes to the whole but it's not like I haven't gone through this with DD Daughter and Arizona Daughter. I'm just cranky and the dark and gloomy...slimey...day doesn't help any. I want to go out fishing. It's too wet. I want to go out hiking...picking berries...gardening...ANYTHING that will take me outside. But it's too wet. I want to go outside. Away from the TV. It's amazing how I can have hundreds of channels to choose from and there really is nothing worth watching. And I can't cook anything and stay on anything resembling a diet. You can only make so much jam.

Well...that was my day. I'm going to go watch the only show worth watching. Monk.

Murphyism of the Day

Bralek's Rule of Success

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you when things go wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This time of year is gloomy and the cloudy rainy days don't help. Winding down the sunny season, less sun = less joy. My solar lamp sure helps.