Thursday, August 17, 2006

Word of the Day

Seamotional - Emotions at sea.

It's been a totally dreary day. With all the grey clouds out there, you'd think we'd get at least a smidge of rain but such is not the case. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was back in Oregon but Oregon only looks like this during the winter...and they get rain.

One wonderful bright spot...HTP made a special trip out to that middle of nowhere restaurant we stopped at the other day when we drove into The Big City to get my sweater back. It's my favorite sweater and it had some of my favorite pins on it. And...I forgot it because it was so hot in the restaurant that I took it off. I got one of those pins when my daughter became a Marine. Anyway, #1 son called the restaurant not 20 miles down the road and they put it aside for me. HTP made a special trip to get it back for me.

I can't believe that we're in the middle of August already. My tomatoes STILL aren't ripe. I've got too many zucchini but they haven't overwhelmed us...yet. I can't believe that we've only got another couple of months here at The Lake.

The sweet corn is ripe. There are signs all over $1/doz. I love sweet corn. I've been known to serve that alone as a meal. Just sweet corn. Yummy! I'm going to have to wait until Tuesday. I have a dentist appointment on Monday. After I get my new permanent crown...all bets are off. I'm going to buy some on my way home from the dentist's office. I'm going to eat as much corn on the cob, dripping in butter...lightly salted, as my stomach will hold. Hang the calories and the diet!

Murphyism of the Day

Emerson's Observation

In every work of genius we recognize our rejected thoughts.

No comments: