Friday, August 04, 2006

Word of the Day

Repettyettyettyettyettyettitive - When you repeat something so much that you can't stop.

Our deck has been power-washed. This morning. In a few dry days, it'll be ready for painting. The way I figure it, this will mean that the drought here in Wisconsin will be over. We will now end up with flash-floods and rain and rain and rain.

In the meantime, the power went out again. There isn't a cloud in the sky and yet the power has gone out...again. That makes three power outages so far this summer and none of them were weather related. It's back up and running again. Apparently, our little town keeps blowing breakers. When I discussed it in town today, we all think the power company needs to upgrade our power thingy. We've got a lot of summer visitors and they all seem to like to run their air-conditioning. So do I when it's hot. Yet again, I'm very thankful that I have a backup generator.

When I was in town, I bought some bait. HTP and I have sorted out our tackle boxes and we're going to go fishing. HTP charged up our boat batteries last night. We haven't actually gone fishing...out in the boat...this year. If you catch fish, you have to clean fish. Of course, it's a Friday. I noted that there's a party boat in our bay already. Love it. Not.

Murphyism of the Day

Weinberg's Corollary

An expert is a person who avoids the small errors while sweeping on to the grand fallacy.

No comments: