Saturday, August 12, 2006

Word of the Day

Sanktuary-A graveyard for ships.

It's perfect weather for a weekend at The Lake. Too bad such perfect weather draws some of the most obnoxiously loud and drunken weekenders who think nothing of disturbing the peace in our local backyards. These same drunken louts wouldn't hesitate to call the local police to report a neighbor whose party has gotten too loud and out of hand in their own backyard. Me? I keep reminding myself that these noisy and drunken louts are helping the local economy. I keep reminding myself that I have only to wait and these weekenders will eventually go home. The term Ugly American has been earned by many a drunken, loud, and obnoxious American. I've got a few aka Ugly Weekenders partying right now in the bay (in my backyard). With windows closed, air-conditioner running, TV at full blast, I still hear their drunken revelry as if they're partying on our deck. Not all Americans are Ugly Americans, not all Weekenders are Ugly Weekenders. Too bad the Ugly ones insist on putting themselves on display.

Murphyism of the Day

Horowitz's Rule

Wisdom consists of knowing when to avoid perfection.

1 comment:

Mink said...

HAH! Every time I hear about your ongoing frustration with the weekenders, I think of this song.