Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Word of the Day

Quickify - To hurry things along.

I'll be spending time today packing for our trip to Laughlin. I've got to pick the blueberries that have ripened on Blueberry Hill. I covered the plants with netting so the birds don't get them all. The electronic timer seems to be working just fine for the Earthbox on the deck. I'll be taking our dogs over to my folks' place sometime today too. I'm not sure if #1 son will have to go to The Big City this weekend or not. So? Thankfully, my folks have agreed to look after the dogs for me. That leaves #1 son in charge of the plants on the deck. In my on-going war with the raccoons, I'll bring in the bird-feeders tonight. The birds will have to live without them while we're gone. I plan to make an early night of it tonight. We'll be heading off to the airport at 3 AM. It's a small airport in a Big City but not The Big City so I'm not really sure why they want HTP and me to get there two hours before our flight but whatever.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog while we're in Laughlin. From the blog entries that I made after our last trip to Laughlin, I gather that the dial-up modem speed at the hotel where we'll be staying is REALLY slow. I had to wait to blog when I got back to Wisconsin. Maybe they've improved things since then but.... We'll be bringing the laptop with us. If I blog, I blog. If I don't...don't be all that surprised. I may end up writing offline and then post the blogs after we get back here on Sunday.

Murphyism of the Day

Sevareid's Law

The chief cause of problems is solutions.

No comments: