Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Word of the Day

Rawtarian - A person that eats only raw foods.

My dental appointment went just fine. I now have a shiny new gold crown to add to my collection. From what I here, because of the rise in the cost of gold, porcelain crowns are not about the same price as gold crowns. I've never had much luck with porcelain crowns. I don't know if it's all the acidic foods I eat, all the alcohol I drink, the ice I like to chew on, or the fact that I unconsciously grind my teeth but porcelain crowns tend self-distruct in my mouth...usually at the most inconvenient of times. Anyway, I still have three more dental appointments scheduled. Only one more for this month. Two for next. I'm pretty sure that none of the remaining appointments will prove to be painful. Hopefully.

I picked, cleaned and canned 3 quarts of French-cut beans and two quarts of regular green beans. I decided that the Italian beans that I planted lend themselves to making French-cut beans. I also picked another five zucchini from my gardens. There is no way that I can use all these zucchini on my own. My sister told me that she'd love to have some so there's another worry off my back. I won't have to abandon zucchini in someone's unlocked car....at least not at this point. I've been enjoying zucchini blossoms for breakfast. The male blossoms. I pollinate the female blossoms and leave them on the plant to produce more zucchini. I'm still waiting for a golden zucchini to actually produce something.

I've got two blueberry pies in the oven right now. I wish I could say that the blueberries were picked from our own blueberry bushes but alas the chipmunks and birds did a real number on my bushes this year despite all my best efforts. Next year I'll have to set traps (Havihart traps) and banish my live captives to the next county, or state. I only had enough to blueberries from my bushes to make blueberry pancakes. Oh well...they were delicious. However, I did throw a handful of my own blueberries into the pies. The other blueberries came from several pints that #1 son bought at the grocery store. He severely overestimated the amount of berries that he'd need to make blueberry muffins. Oh well...waste not, want not...there were enough berries to make two blueberry pies Sugarfree. HTP decided that a nice slice of warm blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream would make a wonderful supper.

We got a total of .46 inches of rain yesterday. I guess I'll be dancing with sprinklers tomorrow. HTP called the guy who mows our lawn. I expect that he'll show up tomorrow sometime. All the more reason to do that sprinkler dance...after the lawn gets mowed.

On top of all that, tomorrow I plan to take my very life into my hands and have a my hair dyed by a local (from our little hamlet or town) beautician. This should be really "interesting". My sister is going to let them trim her hair. Afterwards, we plan to rack the dandelion wine and the lilac wine. Oh...and sample the liqueurs. Of course, I've already done that but my sister hasn't and since I can't just let her drink alone.....

Murphyism of the Day

Big Al's Law

A good solution can be successfully applied to almost any problem.

Primary Political Corollary

A good slogan beats a good solution.

No comments: