Monday, January 18, 2010


Gypsy in Arizona

Word of the Day

Snackrifice - The impelling act of sharing one's most treasured treat with one's significant other, friend, or family member in order to avoid hurting their feelings for one's own selfish indulgence.


Gypsy had a vet appointment this morning. I've been concerned about her health since HTP and I got back home to Arizona. She'd been limping...on occasion, and then, lately, she's had a few incidents where she'll cry out in pain and then throw up. What's with that? Maybe her knees had slipped out of joint? I had visions of kidney problems or worse. It's not like Gypsy could tell HTP and me where she was hurting.

I was relieved to find that Gypsy is just fine. Well...as well as Gypsy, being Gypsy and with all her Gypsy problems can be. After a full blood work-up, a urinalysis, a sonogram, and an X-ray, I was relieved to hear that Gypsy's heart is strong and her kidneys are just fine. The vet gave us some antibiotic because it looks like Gypsy has a urinary tract infection. Aside from that, the X-rays showed the beginnings of arthritis in her knees...to be expected when it comes to luxating patella problems. Yes, but what's with the cries of pain and throwing up? The vet and I both noted that these incidents only happened when her tummy is empty. When I've fed her three times during the day, she didn't seem to have any problems. So...I'm to continue feeding Gypsy three times a day but...I'm also supposed to give her Pepcid AC (2.5 mg...1/4 of a tablet) twice a day. As for her arthritis problems, I've already been giving her Cetyl-M but...the vet wants me to double up on her dosage. She's always going to have knee problems but the Cetyl-M should help slow the progress of the arthritis. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to slip some fish oil into her food in the mornings.

I'm just very relieved to hear that her knees remain where they were placed during her past surgeries, that her heart is strong, and that she doesn't have kidney stones or kidney infection. I can deal with acid reflux. I wonder if it's the change in water from The Lake to here?

Random Thought of the Day

I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching TV. There's so much pressure. 'I love this show, but will they judge me if I keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren't watching this. It's only a matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we still be friends after this?'

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

You may delay, but time will not.

- Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

No comments: