Thursday, January 07, 2010




Word of the Day

Smashal - Small pieces of broken glass, metal and other debris that remains at the scene of an accident for months after.


I packed up a bag of tangelos for a friend of mine but...it looks like I'm going to have to drag out my juicer. Tangelos don't have a long shelf life after they've been picked. My friend's daughter is here in town....for the Holidays. I remember when... *sigh* She only has the one daughter. If I've learned anything as a parent, I've learned that you need to spend as much time as you can with your children while said children are still hovering near the nest. Before you know it, they've flown far away to make nests of their own and then you're left with the memories of when they took their first tentative steps along with the hand-prints that a thoughtful/blessed pre-school/kindergarten teacher memorialized in tempera-paint or in quick-dry cement. How fast time races....ever fleeting.

Random Thought of the Day

Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I had an epiphany a few years ago where I was out at a celebrity party and it suddenly dawned on me that I had yet to meet a celebrity who is as smart and interesting as any of my friends.

- Moby

No comments: