Sunday, January 24, 2010



Word of the Day

Sneat - The snow that falls on one's car seat when they open the car door to get a brush out.


Wow! HTP's Aunt D and Uncle B actually drove all the way from Minnesota! They stayed with some friends south of Tucson and then dropped by at our place on their way to Lake Havasu. But, they told me that they planned to stop in time so Uncle B could watch the Viking's game. *moan* Last time I switched to the game, the Vikings were behind by a touchdown. I've been afraid to watch. I always feel like I tend to jinx things if I watch. Look what happened when I watched the Cardinals play the Saints. I rest my case.

It was nice visiting with HTP's Aunt D and Uncle B. I picked some tangelos to give them. I also gave them some of my Limoncello and Arancello. They told HTP and me that they'll be heading to Laughlin and then on to sunny California to visit another of HTP's Aunt D and then up the Pacific coast to visit a couple of HTP's cousins. Quite the road trip! They're even hoping to stop and see the Grand Canyon. Sounds like fun times but...I've got to be honest and tell you that I'm totally worn out just thinking about all their plans.

On the other hand, I may just be tired because of all the running about I did this morning...and my lack of both breakfast and lunch. However, I did nosh on some of the munchies that I'd bought for HTP's Aunt D and Uncle B. And...I ran around cleaning the house because HTP and I weren't sure if we'd be having overnight guests or not. So...I've got a clean house, no guests, and tomorrow is another day.

And as we watched HTP's Aunt and Uncle drive off...HTP noted that it might have been nice to take a few pictures while they were here. *sigh*

Random Thought of the Day

I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.

- Jeff Valdez

No comments: