Saturday, January 23, 2010



I'm supposed to study the above picture before attempting to teach Gypsy the Down command.

Ummmm...OK, but Gypsy is a lot smaller than the dog in the picture. Given her size...or lack thereof...and her bad knees...and I'm pretty sure I can get down to a crouching position but getting back up may prove...interesting.

Word of the Day

Snark attack - A person under verbal attack from someone that is snarky.


HTP and I spent most of the morning cleaning up after three days of rain and wind. The Brazilian pepper tree in our front yard decided to prune itself. HTP had to cut up one large branch and I ended up raking and sweeping up the smaller branchlets. Never fear, the tree still stands. It didn't prune itself all that much. As a matter of fact, I'll be digging out the pruning shears come spring. Brazilian pepper trees have a sneaky tendency or desire to become Brazilian pepper bushes.

With all the sweeping and yard clean up, Gypsy and I only took a short walk today....just to the mailbox and back. We'll try to do better tomorrow. Maybe. I've got an orchestra practice tomorrow morning and then HTP's Aunt D and Uncle B. from Minnesota plan to stop by for a bit. I wonder if they'll want to watch the Viking's game? I should probably make a quick stop at the grocery store to buy munchies...just in case.

I managed to fix my fountain! Woohoo! The electrical outlet got wet. All I had to do was allow both the outlet and the plug for the motor a chance to dry so the ground fault would stop tripping. HTP was shocked....that I was able to fix it.

Random Thought of the Day

It really pisses me off when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the link takes me to a video instead of text.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.

- Jack Handey (1949 - )

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

I think that what that man is doing to that dog is illegal in most, if not all, states. O_O'