Sunday, January 10, 2010



Word of the Day

Smeed - A nickname for one's cohort; Sidekick; Right-hand man.


I stayed up way too long last night, watching a movie that was basically a propaganda movie tauting the evils that may come due to global warming. This particular movie was created in 2004. There are more than one of these scary global warming movies. Actually, I only decided to watch the movie because one of the actors went on to star in Criminal Minds, a TV show that I happen to like. I stayed up way too late watching the movie because it was a two-parter, by which I imagine it was created, made for TV movie that was spread out between either two days or two weeks, and I just had to stay up to find out if the teenager whose boyfriend shot her and the woman that went into labor were going to be rescued. They were. Oh, and the guy who created the computer virus that hacked into the electrical was just trying to make a point...and it wasn't his fault that a super storm was converging Chicago. I mean, how could he have known? His intentions were pure...right? Gah!

Since I stayed up so late, I'm glad I didn't have to be at the church until 9:30 this morning. Good thing. As it was, it wasn't all that easy to keep up with the music. However, I did manage to play the obbligato part of As a Deer correctly, two out of three times. Could have been worse.

Random Thought of the Day

I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Good manners are just a way of showing other people that we have respect for them.

- Bill Kelly

No comments: