Sunday, January 17, 2010



Word of the Day

Snackmosphere - The air inside bags of chips.


First of all, let me just state as fact that it's really hard to blog when you've got a dog cuddled up, half reclined on top of your lap and thus, your laptop. Her nose keeps triggering the laptop's cursor pad. However, one must blog.

HTP and I had friends over yesterday to watch the humiliating defeat of the Arizona Cardinals. It was really quite painful to watch but we persevered. We had hamburgers on the grill, chips and dip, baked beans and wonderful strawberry shortcake but.... Oh well, we finished the day on a positive note. We munched on chicken wings while we watched Star Trek. I can't wait to see the next Star Trek movie...in 2012. Unfortunately, I meant to pick some tangelos to send home with our friends. I forgot.

Today started out with an orchestra practice at church. Then, Gypsy and I watched the Vikings beat the Cowboys. It was a relief to see a Viking victory. I don't think I could have watched a second humiliating defeat. I did have a backup plan in place...just in case things started looking bad for the Vikings. MonsterQuest.

Random Thought of the Day

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

A gift in season is a double favor to the needy.

- Publilius Syrus (~100 BC)

No comments: