Tuesday, January 12, 2010



Word of the Day

Smiddy - The name of a small, annoying, often gnome-like character with the importance and intellectual capacity below that of a small grapefruit. Often picked as a hero's sidekick for their extreme loyalty.


I'm not sure why some people dislike left-overs, often throwing them away rather than re-heating them to enjoy another day. The potato soup that I re-heated today for lunch was even better than when I made it yesterday. Don't get me wrong. At risk of breaking my arm while patting myself on my own back, I made a terrific pot of potato soup. It tasted wonderful yesterday. But, with all the flavors having a chance to expand and blend, the soup tasted even better today. We're having left-over grilled chicken tonight. Sometimes it's just a matter of presentation when it comes to left-overs. I can get three or four different meals out of grilled chicken breasts. I think I'm going to serve tonight's left-over grilled chicken with Spanish rice. When I served it fresh off the grill, I served it with a side salad. I served some of the left-over chicken with a marinara sauce on top of angel hair pasta. No point in lighting up the grill for just one meal.

Random Thought of the Day

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

No comments: