Thursday, January 21, 2010



Word of the Day

Snapperwrapper - An elastic ponytail holder having a plastic ball at each end. The elastic is wrapped around the ponytail and then one ball is snapped in place over the other.


Sis' hubby is retiring today...or tomorrow. His retirement party is today. Thing is...how much work is he going to actually accomplish tomorrow? Anyway,


Happy



Retirement!


I washed out my rain gauge the other day (not an easy task) in preparation to measure coming rains. The first of three predicted storms didn't produce any measurable rain. The second storm produced one and a third inches of rain. That's lots of rain at one time in our desert environment. The third predicted storm has already produced over a half an inch of rain...and I've been promised more to come before tomorrow night. Right now, we're having major wind. Thankfully, the wind isn't kicking up any dust.

Gypsy and I decided to call off our daily walk today. We're going to use the weather as an excuse.

Random Thought of the Day

As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

My husband gave me a necklace. It's fake. I requested fake. Maybe I'm paranoid, but in this day and age, I don't want something around my neck that's worth more than my head.

- Rita Rudner

No comments: