Tuesday, January 05, 2010


Sarge and the Tangelo Tree - December 2009
Why didn't I think to send a box full of tangelos back with her on the plane?

Word of the Day

Slurm - The slime that accumulates on the underside of a soap bar when it sits in the dish too long.


HTP helped me pick some of the tangelos from the highest part of my tangelo tree yesterday. We've got LOTS of tangelos this year. I haven't even picked half of what is out there. I wish I had one of those long extension poles to help pick the fruit way up on top of the tree. HTP dragged out our tallest ladder but I still couldn't reach high enough to pick some of them. Oh well...HTP thinks I shouldn't worry about those. As it is, I'm having to find homes for all this fruit.

I started two more batches of Arancelo and I've got more than enough fruit to make another couple batches but, I really don't think I need gallons and gallons of Arancelo. However, waste not, want not. I zested the thirty tangelos I needed to make the Arancelo and then I juiced the fruit. I now have a couple of quarts of juice in the fridge which...well...I'll find some use for all that juice. In the meantime, I'll eventually end up with four batches of Arancelo.

I wish I could magically transport some of these tangelos to The Lake for my folks and for Sis but...ain't happening. I'll have to remove all the fruit from the tree by February. I'm going to have to get creative. Maybe I should figure out how to condense my own orange juice...tangelo juice. However, with a huge laundry basket full of tangelos sitting in my kitchen, I've got a more immediate problem. I don't have enough room in my fridge to keep all this fruit. Even after I packed up and gave a huge bag of tangelos to my neighbor, I still have a huge amount of fruit in the laundry basket sitting in my kitchen. I ate one tangelo with breakfast and plan to have another as a snack but I'll still have to find more homes for the fruit HTP and I picked yesterday. Did I tell you that there's still LOTS of fruit out there on the tree? *sigh*

So? Why did HTP and I pick so much fruit since it keeps best out on the tree? Ladders don't magically transport themselves from the garage and HTP isn't always available to help hold a ladder so I don't end up killing myself. It's called making hay while the sun shines....or....in this case, picking fruit while someone is there to help you set up the ladder and hold the ladder so you don't fall off.

Random Thought of the Day

Why do psychics have to ask you your name?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

All my possessions for a moment of time.

- Elizabeth I (1533 - 1603)

No comments: