Wednesday, January 13, 2010



Word of the Day

Smilder - Describing one's toned down smile, especially after displaying a huge, fake smile.


HTP and I finished up the left-over grilled chicken tonight. I sliced it up and served it fajita-style with some homemade tortillas. Yes, I do make my own tortillas, even though it would be much more convenient to buy them at the grocery store. I didn't feel like driving to the grocery store. Besides, homemade tortillas taste lots better than store bought tortillas.

It's been a slow day today. HTP asked me if I wanted to go out to see a movie with him. There are a couple of movies that I wouldn't mind seeing but...I just didn't feel like going out anywhere today and having to deal with other people.

In the news today, there was a major earthquake (7.0) that hit Haiti. The scenes of death and destruction are horrific. It's being reported that the death toll may be higher than 100,000. It's really sad to see this poor country kicked so often by disaster after disaster.

Random Thought of the Day

I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Dreams are postcards from our subconscious, inner self to outer self, right brain trying to cross that moat to the left. Too often they come back unread: "return to sender, addressee unknown." That's a shame because it's a whole other world out there--or in here depending on your point of view.

= Dennis Koenig and Jordan Budde

No comments: