Saturday, June 21, 2014

Giant Puffballs

Word of the Day

Dallywaddle - To take an excessively long time, especially involving motion on foot; to dilly-dally in going somewhere; to drag one's feet.

Woodtick Count - 7

Roofing Project, Day 4, started at 7 AM. #1 Son and #1 DIL didn't rise from the basement until after 10 AM. I'm amazed that all the noise didn't wake them but...hey, it's all good. Roofing progresses but...my DirecTV is toast at this point. The roofers re-installed my dish but... I called DirecTV and they're sending someone out tomorrow after 4 PM to fix things. I'm crossing my fingers. Meanwhile, I've got a few channels that are working. #1 Son tweaked things a bit so we could draw in a few more channels.

When #1 Son and #1 DIL finally did get up this morning, they headed out to get fishing licenses, made themselves some sandwiches for lunch, and then headed out to go fishing. They caught six bluegill (all male...hey...I cleaned them so I KNOW) and now, they're back out fishing now that the sun isn't so hot.

My roofers cleaned up their debris...and I cleaned up what they didn't...and told me that they'd be back on Monday. Maybe. I checked the forecast and it looks like a 60% chance of rain. Oh well...I'll see them if I see them.

I've got steak thawing out for dinner and I cooked up two more giant puffballs that showed up this morning off the side of my driveway. Steak and mushrooms for dinner tonight with a side salad. Can't beat that.

Random Thought of the Day

Time sneaks up on you like a windshield on a bug.

- John Lithgow

No comments: