Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My View as I was Attempting to Head to Town Today


Word of the Day

AlGoreickly - The privilege of allowing people to listen to oneself, even if they don't know what one is talking about.


The roofers arrived at 7 AM...which is totally OK because I got up before 6 AM. Kill me Now! Yes, I get up, no matter how late I end up going to bed, at 6 AM. I wake up sooner. It's so sad.

I gathered the garbage that I needed to transport to the main road and was told to move my car out of the garage and out of the way. Regardless, I found myself facing the rear end of a dump truck as it attempted to back down my driveway. Thankfully, the person who was controlling said dump truck saw me and backed into the logging road (off our driveway), thus, allowing me to continue on without having to personally back up.

I took my folks to their doctor appointment. My Mom is 30 years older than me...my Dad is 29 years older than me. One day, I pray that my children don't kill me when they accompany me to my own future doctor appointments. *sigh* It is what it is. I'm the fluffy middle of an Oreo cookie these days. Thank God! I appreciate every second that I have with my parents...even if they can drive me a bit crazy and sad at times.

The roofers didn't get too far, percentage-wise today, but...it was a start. I expect that I'll see them again tomorrow but...this time, I can stay to keep on eye on things. I expect, weather permitting, that my roof will be re-shingled by the end of the week, and I pray that the original estimate for the number of "squares" that I needed for my roof will have been accurate. I suspect that our roofer under-estimated the amount of labor that my roofing project entailed.

Random Quote of the Day

Permanent weight loss doesn’t come with an on and off switch. It is not something you do for a little while and think it is going to change your body.

- Jennifer Hudson, I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down, 2012

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, I'm commenting, I'll try not to kill you when I drive you to your appointments....I got you to the dentist alright didn't I? 😊

Old Grey Frog said...

Just know that this "driving one's children crazy" is hereditary. Be afraid, be very afraid.