Friday, June 27, 2014


Word of the Day

Ideality - Frequently the opposite to reality. A dimension only spoken of in textbooks and lectures, and yet, while greatly desired, never seems to be the case.

Woodtick Count - 7

I did put 45 minutes into some aerobic exercise today. Finally. Only three miles but...it's been a while. The plans today were for me to drive into the city to be with my folks. The senior living apartments where they are living is celebrating their 10th anniversary but.... Whack-a-mole. Sarge called to say that they might need a bit of financial help in getting up here to The Lake this summer. Nothing major but, I had to be here so I could be in touch. Then, HTP called to say that he lost his credit card and he had to call them to cancel the card and get a new one. ACK! I use that card on a regular basis! I've got pending pre-orders on my Amazon account on that card. Plus, HTP wanted me to arrange to return an automotive order that will be arriving at our Arizona house sometime...today. I'm not at all sure that I can arrange to have that order returned now. By the time I managed to whack all the moles, it was well past the time that I would be able to drive into the city to join my folks at their place. *sigh* Oh well...Sarge, D Buddy, and the grandkids will be coming to The Lake (knock on wood), on July 3rd.

I've already mentioned that I plan to host a 90th birthday celebration for BOTH Ma and T-Square. Events have been delighted in throwing roadblocks and obstacles into the path of my planning. I AM NOT A PARTY PLANNER! I should have called my Uncle to have them come. I should have called ALL my cousins instead of just some. However, this is going to have to be a small celebration. Sis' hubby will be in the hospital...hopefully in good health and recovering after heart surgery. My brother? I still don't know if he'll be here or not. Heck! Even though DD Daughter says that she and her kidlets will be here...I have no idea if the chit that hit her fan won't cause problems so that they won't be able to come. I hadn't planned on doing this all on my own. *whimper*

It seems that the rain that has threatened and retreated all day has finally arrived. I'm hearing thunder. The weekend jet-skiers have been silenced. The guys that mows my lawn called earlier today to tell me that his flower gardens were added to an area flower garden show. They wanted him to label his flowers. Hysterical laughter....he plants his flowers by design...not by name. He wanted to know if I had a flower book. I have one but it's in Arizona. Here? I know what flowers I have in my gardens...but not by their Latin names. I advised him to check out the high school library in town...failing that...the library in the city. I really felt bad because I have LOTS of flower books in Arizona...but not here. I "think" there might be some at my folks' place here at The Lake but...I didn't want to offer something that wasn't mine.

Random Quote of the Day

It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed.

- Kin Hubbard (1868 - 1930)

No comments: