Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mrs. Snapping Turtle


Word of the Day

Bifocalitis - A condition that afflicts wearers of bifocals that causes them to think they are reading a line of text or row of data straight across, when in actuality they are seeing a different line or row or a combination of different lines or rows. This often results in a mismatch between intent, information, and/or action.

Woodtick Count - 7


Not a smidge of roofing was done today. It rained for most of the morning and I figure the guys just decided it wasn't worth the effort to come out for the rest of the day. Tomorrow? I'm thinking that will end up being a repeat of today. It is quiet but I wish they hadn't trapped my rocking chairs out on the deck with all their supplies. I'd sit out on the dock but the rain has increased the mosquito population. I may just move a couple things around so I can sit outside tonight for a bit...until the mosquitoes find me.

I let Kylee outside this morning...off leash...and promptly called her back in. She came but was a bit bewildered about why I'd called her back so fast. After seeing our morning visitor, I snapped a leash on Kylee and took her out that way. You don't want to mess with a Mommy Snapping Turtle. She has since made her way back into the lake but I'll have to be on the lookout for a while. Sometimes dogs just don't understand that they need to keep their snoopy noses to themselves. I would hate to have to pry Kylee's muzzle from the jaws of an angry snapping turtle.

I did get in an hour of aerobic exercise this morning. Tomorrow, I'll head to the city to enjoy an hour of yoga with T-Square before taking Kylee to the groomer's.


Random Quote of the Day

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

- Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

No comments: