Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Peas and Beans - Needed to Replant

Word of the Day

Ideality - Frequently the opposite to reality. A dimension only spoken of in textbooks and lectures, and yet, while greatly desired, never seems to be the case.

Woodtick Count - 6

Again, I had a hard time forcing myself to exercise. It's difficult to keep myself moving without the help and presence of my friends. However, I did put in a little over an hour and five miles. Go Me! *sigh* Soaked with sweat, I changed out of my workout clothes and ate some lunch. Sushi! I picked some up when I was in the city yesterday....one of the best things ever about the new grocery store that moved in last summer. I'm going to enjoy the rest of my sushi purchase tonight for dinner....six pieces. It's not much so I may have some more of Sis' freshwater caviar and my latest cheese creation on crackers.

I really should drive out to the main road and pull the garbage can back behind the gate. Again, it's been hard to MOVE today. I'm just not feeling it. However, I did go out to the garden and hilled another couple of potato beds. In the process, it looks like I managed to pick up a couple more woodticks. Lovely. Again, I was driven inside by mosquitoes. I've only got two more bags of potting mix. It's obvious that I'll have to add it to my shopping list.

Speaking of shopping lists, I'm going to have to buy more milk. 1% milk this time. The kefir milk that I enjoy so much is so thick that it's undrinkable...more the texture of yogurt. Plus, I wonder what the kefir grains that I've been discarding, down the drain, are doing to my septic system. Such thoughts run through my mind these days...along with the feeling of real and imaginary woodticks crawling up my body.

I soaked and plunked more bean and pea seeds into my Earthboxes. I don't know why some of the original seeds didn't sprout. Could it be the shingle dust that has been falling from my roof every time it rains? Does it contain some sort of chemical that inhibits growth? I'm a bit worried about that.

I called Sis yesterday. She and her hubby met with the surgeon yesterday. The news wasn't good. Sis' hubby is going to have to have a valve replacement to replace the one that was replaced (this we knew), however, the surgery is going to be very risky and complicated. The surgeon has called in a second surgeon to help him and this will be the ONLY surgery scheduled for the day. Plus, if this new valve goes bad...and they do...there will be no third surgery. Sobering to hear that even if this surgery is successful, you'll probably only have another 10-15 more years to live. Surgery is scheduled for June 23rd and I'll be driving the two of them (Sis and her hubby) into the big city the day before, dropping them off at a friend's house. I'm still hosting my cousin and her husband on June 10th. Sis and her hubby want to spend as much time together as possible before the her husband's surgery. They will NOT be driving to Appleton with me and my folks for my Uncle's memorial. At least, that's what Sis told me yesterday. Maybe, they'll change their minds. It seems that I'll be doing a lot of praying this summer. I will be having Sis and her husband over for steaks on the grill that first night when The Harpist and Lord Doug are here. I'm glad I picked up the ribeye steaks at the grocery store the other day with this thought in mind.

Random Quote of the Day

To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.

- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817)

No comments: