Monday, June 09, 2014

My Amaryllis

Word of the Day

Negatile - An area of the bathroom floor where, somehow, the scale registers one to be five pounds lighter


Woodtick Count - 6


Frenzy. I've got company coming tomorrow and, thought I KNOW they don't care what my house looks like, there is the NEED to CLEAN! And Bake and Cook. It is what it is. I think it's a genetic problem. Forgive me. However, I think I've got everything under control, considering that I've got a doctor appointment tomorrow with a fasting lab. Ack!

I baked two loaves of cracked wheat bread, I mixed up a double batch of Best Ever Pie Crust and put it in the fridge to chill, I picked, cleaned and chopped enough rhubarb for four rhubarb pies..though I only plan to bake two...and don't ask me why I'm planning to bake two pies when we probably won't eat more than one, especially since Sis' dietary restrictions will forbid her from even taking a taste. I discovered, to my dismay, this week is our monthly recycling week. Again, I say, ACK! I broke down all the cardboard boxes that have been accumulating in the garage (I order a lot of stuff from Amazon.com, much to HTP's displeasure). I'll need to leave early for my doctor appointment in order to take out the garbage AND the recycling. Joy! I decided to do laundry TODAY instead of tomorrow because I just don't want to add to the stress of laundry tomorrow along with everything else that will be going on. I installed the umbrella out on the deck after all indication of drizzle had been obliterated. Done. I still need to bring the resin chairs up from the basement because I only have four chairs circling my patio table and...tomorrow there will be five of us. I brought the steaks up from the freezer and started thawing them out along with the cheeses that I've been making. Tomorrow, I'll have to put out on the counter to finish thawing.

Just talked to Sis. Her hubby's surgery will make it impossible for them to come or participate in a 90th birthday party for our folks. I'm feeling blue. It looks like it's just going to be a party with my immediate family and my folks. *sigh* Sis' hubby's surgery has been rescheduled for July 2nd. Totally stressed about something that I can do NOTHING about.

Random Quote of the Day

The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.

- Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)

No comments: