Saturday, June 07, 2014

REALLY BIG Moth - So Pretty!

Word of the Day

Lasterday - The day prior to the present day.


Woodtick Count - 6


It's been raining all day so, dreary day, it was even harder to get moving. However, eventually I benefited from an hour of yoga. Thank goodness for my idea to tape some of the yoga classes back in Arizona and thank goodness that my yoga instructor agreed to do that for me. What a blessing! I felt a LOT better after my hour of yoga.

I dragged out the hand vacuum cleaner and vacuumed the stairs and stairwell. Sadly, Kylee had to be contained in her kennel when she chose to attack the hand vac. What's with that? The thing is a lot smaller than her so how can she think it's a threat to her or me? *sigh* Oh well, I hurried and then dragged the Dyson down to the basement and vacuumed everything down there. There's WAY too much stored down there in the bonus room. I'm going to have to find homes for some of that stuff...soon. I'm hoping that #1 Son and #1 DIL will take some of it off to their home. PLEASE? In a perfect world, DD Daughter and Sarge would have a homes to take some of it too. Maybe some day.

I decided that the sheets on the guest bed needed washing after all. I need to be a bit less lazy. I'm glad I checked because the mattress cover had slipped and needed adjusting. I also threw the bathmat and the toilet rug into the same load. All I have to do now is finish up and re-make the bed.

To lift my spirits and brighten an otherwise dreary day, I built what I think will be my final fireplace fire of the spring. Summer is coming on and it'll be just to hot out until fall. But, today has been cool...high in the 50's. There's really nothing like a fireplace fire to drive off the drearies....that and a bit of burned sage.

I've got some fish soaking in salt water. I'm dying to make my Grandma's B's famous boiled fish. Love it. Comfort food on a cold spring day. I may freeze some of it because I won't be able to eat it all by myself but...why not? But...in the meantime, I started bilging the boat. I gave up after a while because I was worried about the boat battery. Besides, the mosquitoes are still out...like organized platoons. I'll try again tomorrow. The sun is supposed to be shining and I'll want that if I'm going to bail out the rowboat.

Talked to HTP on the phone tonight. I'm feeling a bit blue. It's not that I wish that I was there, it's that I wish he was here and that he loved being here as much as I do. *sigh*

Random Quote of the Day

Family connexions were always worth preserving, good company always worth seeking.

- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817), Persuasion, 1818

No comments: