Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My New Toy

Word of the Day

Grippage - The measure of an object's grip.

Woodtick Count - 7

Roofing Project - Day 6 started at 7 AM.....and ended at 10 AM. They finished the portion of my roof by the side of the garage. After that, the huge truck where they were storing the old shingles and debris, departed...and so did everyone else. That's OK. It's been nice to enjoy the quiet for a while. They'll be back tomorrow, weather permitting. I climbed up to the ridge to take some pictures. The roofers are almost done. Dare I hope?

I got a canned call from the garbage company. Although I diligently drove my garbage up to the road yesterday and left it sitting at the side of the road for today's collection, I was told that they were sorry but my garbage wouldn't be collected until tomorrow morning. OK. This was a good excuse to clean out the fridge and dispose of questionable produce, etc. When I had completed my task, I ended up with one more bag of garbage. After the roofers left, I loaded it up into the car and headed up the road. Thankfully, my garbage can was still remaining upright. No bears or raccoons had tossed it. I added the additional bag of garbage to the container and then continued on into town.

I've been avoiding going into town to check the mail because since they're doing a major sewer and waterline repair, my route into town takes over twice as long. A five minute trip by car, now takes at least 15 minutes. In the grand scheme of things, that's no such a big deal but...it tasks me. However, mail needs checking. My box was FULL. I need to get over it and go in to check more often.

The UPS man came and brought me a toy today. I was so excited! I ordered a battery-powered device that claims to suck liquid from one place and dispose of it in another place. In my case, I'm getting awfully tired of using bucket, sponge and hand-pump to remove rain water from my rowboat. I raced right down to the dock with my new toy and....IT WORKS!!!!! YEAH!!!!! All I had to do was sit there and hold the hose while it did all the work. I may extend the hose or devise something to hold the hose over the edge of the boat so I don't have to hold it but...I'll think of something. The main thing is that IT worked. I think I'll call my new toy, "IT".

Random Quote of the Day

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.

- Paul Dudley White

No comments: