Friday, June 20, 2014

I've Got My Deck Back

Word of the Day

Camruck - A rare moment that occurs when one's camera batteries die before they can take a picture. Often used interjectorily.


Woodtick Count - 7

I finally figured out why I've been having problems with my clock radio and the radio over the TV set in the bedroom. Apparently, someone...probably me....plugged them into a switchable wall outlet. Every time I hit the wall switch...purely by accident...I was shutting off power to the clocks and then everything had to be re-set. At 3 AM, I couldn't take the blinking clock across the room anymore. And, for some reason, I couldn't find the directions for my clock radio by the bed. So, I'm powering up my computer to find directions and was happy to find a video of someone setting their Mom's clock radio...my model. I wrote down the directions so, hopefully, next time, I'll remember how to set the dang thing. It's no intuitive and, we do lose power a lot out here. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night.

The roofers were back this morning at 7 AM. Since I was moving a bit slow this morning, I barely got Kylee outside and fed before they got here. Plus, even though I was dressed for aerobic exercise...I didn't get to it until after the roofers left at around 1:30 PM. It's not easy to do aerobic exercise when the heat of the day has gathered. Oh well, I put in 45 minutes and it was sweat, sweat, sweat. On the plus side, the roofers are done with the areas of the roof that were effecting my back deck. I was able to move everything back to where it was supposed to go and out of my living room. I'm looking forward to sitting a bit outside later...when it cools off a bit.

#1 Son and #1 DIL are coming later tonight. #1 Son told me that they plan to pick up some frozen raviolis at La Bona Casa for dinner. That's sounds wonderful. I offered to make a nice salad...and...of course, I've got the sauce.

Random Quote of the Day

The majority of people perform well in a crisis and when the spotlight is on them; it's on the Sunday afternoons of this life, when the nobody is looking, that the spirit falters.

- Alan Bennett

No comments: