Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Roofing Project - Day 6

Word of the Day

Fluggling - The dangerous practice, in a darkened room, of using one's finger to guide the end of an electrical plug into a wall socket.

Woodtick Count - 7

The roofers arrived at around 7 AM. I backed out my car before they got here, freeing it from the craziness so I could take the garbage out and so I could go yoga with T-Square. I also started a load of laundry. The garbage has been driven to the main road and I've yoga's with my T-Square. They still almost trapped me. I brought Ma a nice bouquet of peonies. She brought it out to share with their fellow residents at the front desk. After yoga, she told me that several of the residents were complimenting the bouquet. I'll have to bring more on Thursday when I go visit them. After my visit, I went shopping and was thrilled to find an abundant supply of fuel for my Thermocell lanterns at Walmart. The lanterns that keep the mosquitoes under control on my upstairs deck. My suppliers online had failed me. I also added to my Bug-Zapper swatter inventory. My guests seem to love them. I love them. Now, three of us can swat at the wasps and KILL THEM!

I returned home at around 1 PM to find my roofers, busily finishing up for the day. *wince* The youngest roofer asked to use my bathroom. I've got a candle burning to help get rid of the odor. Yuck!

A storm has rolled in. I was "thinking" about going out fishing. I even purchased some interesting bait. Ain't happening. However, the severe thunderstorm warning has expired and we're just getting rain. I was a bit concerned about hail but we dodged that bullet. The new shingles are supposed to have a really high resistance to impact but....I'd just as soon avoid testing it out before they've even finished installing them.

On a side note: I'm watching a Purple Finch at my feeder. He looks a lot like my the House Finches that I see in Arizona. Nice.

Random Quote of the Day

You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.

- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955), (attributed)

No comments: