Thursday, June 19, 2014


Word of the Day

Bactor - A bad actor.

I was going to drive into the city for some yoga with T-Square this morning but...rain...lots of rain and the resultant squashing of my ability to DO anything. I ended up calling my folks and letting them know that I couldn't come but...I still awarded myself with an hour of yoga...on my own. Again, thank goodness my yoga instructor allowed me to digitally record eleven sessions of yoga. I really needed my hour this morning and after talking to DD Daughter today...I probably could use another couple hours. No...I won't go into it but...I haven't had the best of days today and I wish crap didn't just keep hitting the fan.

On another subject, no roofing was done today. However, Birchwood Babe called to let me know that we may end up with another 3 inches of rain over night. Crap! I already bilged the boat for over an hour last night when I discovered that there was over an inch of rain above the decking in the big boat. No...that wasn't enough time. Tonight, I finished bilging...another 30 minutes. She's "dry" and I reinforced the mooring ropes...just in case.

#1 Son and #1 DIL are coming tomorrow night. I washed all the sheets and towels and I'm ready for them. I figure #1 Son will show me how to plug the big boat in so I can bilge to my heart's content or how to run the boat so the batteries recharge. In the meantime, the boat has been bilged and the rowboat has been bailed. Hopefully, Birchwood Babe is wrong about the weather.

I took Kylee into the city today for grooming. After dropping her off, I had to run home to do some DD Daugher/Lawyer stuff. I told you that it hasn't been one of my bestest days. After I got back to the city, after dealing with lawyer stuff a second time, I went shopping at Walmart and then the new grocery store. Then? More issues which I won't go into but...yes, it was awful and yes, it's one of those situations that crack the heart and cause sleepless nights. Sometimes you just want to call someone and ask them to talk to you...just to talk so you can stay sane...because sometimes you do everything that you can do and...that's all you can do. Why worry...stay happy? As HTP would tell me...if you've done all that you can, there's no point in worrying about it. Today, I did everything I could, along with sending prayers to God and trying to send comforting and supportive words to DD Daughter. May God grant that I sent/provided the right words.

I went shopping today but, somehow, with all that went on today, I'm not hungry for the sushi that I bought at the new grocery store. Maybe tomorrow. At least I filled the gas tank on my Acadia and Kylee has been groomed. There's only so much one can do.

Random Quote of the Day

That's the funny thing about havin' a kid. They come with their own set of problems; make everything else you were worried about seem kinda silly.

-Greg Garcia, Raising Hope, Dead Tooth, 09-28-10

No comments: