Monday, June 23, 2014

Got My TV Dish Adjusted

Word of the Day

E-touch - A method of staying in contact with friends by e-mail or other electronic devices.


Woodtick Count - 7


The roofers arrived at 7 AM and left before 2 PM. It's supposed to rain tomorrow but I'm told that they "think" that the rain will hold off until the afternoon...after they've left. In the meantime, I spent another day without any real, organized exercise. Instead, I took Kylee up the road to check the mail (power-walking). Hey! It's something. I also stripped and re-made beds. Mine and the one in the guest room. I'll be washing clothes tomorrow but I figured I'd get the big stuff like the sheets and towels washed so the guest rooms are all set for the next time they're needed.

The DirecTV guy showed up at around 5:30 PM last night. He climbed up on the roof and adjusted and re-calibrated the dish. Then, he discovered that our receivers were antiquated...three generations since ours were purchased. The one in our bedroom still works but the one in the living room...the one that has been giving me fits since last summer...decided to show someone else how stubborn it has become. He gave us a new box for the living room, no charge. Joy! However, HTP isn't so thrilled. He wants #1 Son to switch it out with the one in the bedroom, next time he gets up here. I'm thinking HTP will be here around the same time as #1 Son so, he may end up doing it himself.

I was so tired last night that I did something that I normally don't do. I fell asleep in the recliner while watching TV. I woke up a little after midnight, totally confused. I knew I'd been feeling overly tired out but...wow!

Random Quote of the Day

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

- Shantideva

No comments: