Tuesday, June 03, 2014

No Caption Needed

Word of the Day

Haluv - To love and hate at the same time.

Woodtick Count - 4


At least it finally stopped raining. However, the weather hasn't decided whether or not to be hot and humid or cold and humid. I'm on my third outfit in one day.

I started out with my normal yoga outfit because I joined my Dad, T-Square for an hour of yoga again. I like this instructor a lot better than the one we had on Tuesday. It takes me a bit more than 30 minutes to drive from here to the city, where my Mom and Dad have their retirement apartment. I'm rather amazed that more people don't take advantage of the yoga classes. However, there really isn't that much space in the room where the classes are held so...I shouldn't complain.

I'm a bit concerned about the fact that both times that I've driven into the city to visit with my folks, my Mom has been in bed. Her memory seems even worse than my Dad's and Dad has Alzheimer's disease. However, on the plus side, she was up after I changed into my second change of clothing for the day, after yoga class. I also was pleased that we found the most important part of what my Mom thought she'd lost when she couldn't find her "wallet". I had visions of spending the entire summer getting copies of her Social Security card, her driver's license (not that she drives but...) and her insurance and Medicare cards. I have no idea what was in her "wallet" but thankfully, the major, important items, aren't lost. Yeah! I plan to do a more thorough search for them missing "wallet" but...later.

While I was in the city, I picked up eight bags of potting mix and some groceries. Sadly, I gave into temptation and stopped at McDonald's. However, I only bought two regular hamburgers and a large unsweetened iced tea. I shouldn't have and I did buy some sushi at Gordy's but....OK, I'll save the sushi for tomorrow. Instead, I had crackers with some of my homemade Kefir cheese, braunschweiger, and, Sis' homemade freshwater caviar (AWESOME!) When all is said and done, I'm under my allotted calorie count for today. So there.

I've finished my laundry, re-made the bed in the guest room, took the laundry to the road, and I'm feeling really tired tonight. I did NOT drive into town to pick up the mail but...tomorrow. I need to send a birthday card to my friend and former college room-mate. I worry about her. The last email I got from her was troubling. I hope she's doing OK.

Random Quote of the Day

I'm never going to be famous. My name will never be writ large on the roster of Those Who Do Things. I don't do any thing. Not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more.

- Dorothy Parker (1893 - 1967), Here Lies (1939), "The Little Hours"

No comments: