Friday, August 01, 2003

August 1st and I've just ordered the wedding invitations. So much is involved in wedding planning before you can actually send out invitations. Amazing. I did it though. I'll try not to break my arm patting myself on the back. I just wish that the Post Office had decent stamps this year. What ever happened to flowers or cute little animals? I get to choose from bats, Audrey Hepburn, psychodelic love stamps (looks like gay love to me but that's just me being politically incorrect), Chinese New Year, bi-planes, or some guy that looks like Saddam Hussein (my apologies to Cesar Chavez). I'll worry about all that later along with cash or hosted bars, champagne, buffet dinners vs. sitdown dinners, menu selections, airline and room reservations, etc. etc. etc. Tomorrow. I'll worry about all that tomorrow. A bald eagle just flew overhead. The birds are singing. The sun is shining. The lake is as still as a mirror. Are mirrors really still?

Cliche of the Day

Keep Your Shirt On. Stay calm; don't get riled. A tendency of a man who thinks he is about to get into a fight is to pull off his coat, and perhaps his shirt, so that he has free use of his arms. Probably this is the source of the expression, which was known by 1854 when it appeared in The Spirit of the Times, by George W. Harris: "I say, you durned ash cats, just keep yer shirts on, will ye?"

No comments: