Thursday, August 28, 2003

My husband is coming tomorrow. Better clean the house. Later. Tonight maybe. My favorite show is on tonight. Monk. Maybe I'll clean the house before that comes on. Don't want to miss it even if it is a repeat.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

After making a snide comment about the French in one of my past blog's Trivia section...hey, I only am reporting the facts, just the facts, I thought I'd give equal time to our little hang ups here in the good old United States of America, home of the red, white and blue, where the deer and the buffalo play, of purple mountains majesty and amber waves of grain fame. German-sounding items were a no-no in the United States during World War I. Americans took to calling sauerkraut "liberty cabbage". We've grown up a lot since then. Now we're dumping French wine into the street and we're eating "Freedom Fries". Please don't comment on the fact that we still haven't found any weapons of mass destruction. We should be happy that there weren't any found...right? Let's just hope that someone nuttier the Saddam doesn't have them in their possession right now.

No comments: