Sunday, August 17, 2003

Did you ever ask yourself if you really need to spray yourself with mosquito repellant? I don't really like the stuff. It tends to give me a headache. I wonder if that's why mosquitoes hate the stuff. Imagine the kind of headache this stuff would give you if your head was smaller then the head of a pin? I'd like to see their little head exploding off their little bodies. I'd really like to see that. Oh well. Add that to a long list of stuff that I'll never get to see. I went out berry picking this morning. Since I only wanted to get enough berries for a small bowlful to go with breakfast I figured that I wouldn't really need to use the repellant. I just wanted a few berries. The intention wasn't to feed the entire population of Wisconsin mosquitoes with a blood sacrifice. Wearing long sleeves and a hat, I innocently sallied forth to donate blood. Never again. Any exposed part of my skin was a fair target for those little vampires. My fingertips, my eyelids, my entire face, my ears...you name it. Thankfully I don't actually react too badly to their bites or I'd look like I developed a terminal case of acne in my old age. However, my ears are still ringing from their high-pitched whines. Safe back in the house, I vow never to go berry picking again without bathing in mosquito repellant. I'll just have to buy stock in Advil. As a side note, no amount of bug repellant will repel the demonic deerfly.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Joseph Gayetty invented toilet paper in 1857. His name was printed on every sheet.

No comments: