Saturday, August 23, 2003

I went to the Farmer's Market again today. This time I found some tomatoes for canning. Any guesses how I've been spending the rest of my day? I only canned 11 quarts of tomatoes. That's not going to be enough to last us the winter. I'm going to have to go back to the market next Saturday and repeat the whole process. At least I'll have a week to recover.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

I am always amazed at the funding that our government doles out for various research studies. Who approves these studies? A U.S. government-backed study found that pigs can become alcoholics. I don't want to think about all those other government-backed studies. What I want to know is if those soused pigs taste better then the tea-totaller pigs? I wonder if someone has already won a grant to do that study?

No comments: