Saturday, September 02, 2006

Word of the Day

Sighentology - The study of boredom.

My tomatoes are finally ripening. I've gotten a few of my tangerine cherry tomatoes and I picked on Early Girl before this but it looks like I may just get enough tomatoes now and until first frost...to eat. Maybe I'll get enough to can but it's doubtful. Relish, and green tomato pickles. I need to make another batch of Italian Eggplant Pickles too. I promised my Mother-in-law.

I noticed that one of my garden beds just didn't produce well this year. The plants all look stunted. No bigger than when I first planted them. I've got a feeling I'm going to really have to do something with all the beds next spring before I plant anything.

I harvested more zucchini this morning along with more cucumbers. I need to get back out there to pick beans but I have to wait until things dry off some. Too dewy wet. In the meantime, I have no idea what to do with these zucchini. I made zucchini lasagna last night. However, I still have four more zucchini along with four that I picked this morning. Note to self, if you plant zucchini in an Earthbox, don't bother wasting garden space by planting zucchini there as well. The thing is that I had no idea that the zucchini would do at all in the Earthbox. I wonder how well cucumbers do in the Earthbox. And I guess my experiments done here may not work the same in Arizona. Climate issues. Regardless. I'm going to try this winter.

#1 son and his friend plan to visit us up here at The Lake. They're coming sometime today. His friend has to fly back to Arizona tomorrow so it'll just be a quick visit. Long enough to return HTP's cordless drill? HTP's keys to the Gator?

Murphyism of the Day

Segal's Law

A man with one watch knows what time it is.

A man with two watches is never sure.

No comments: