Saturday, September 16, 2006

Word of the Day

Tehranny - Any government that exercises rigorous and/or lawless power over its subjects without their consent and without regard to their liberty or safety in order to support and uphold fundamentalist beliefs.

It's raining. I wish we would have received a bit more of this earlier in the summer. I'm not fond of dancing with sprinklers.

It has become glaringly apparent that if I want to can tomatoes this year, I'm going to have to purchase some ripe tomatoes from one of the local farmers. My own tomatoes remain stubbornly and persistently green. I put out the call last night and got an immediate response. HTP and I are going to pick up a bushel of tomatoes this afternoon. Depending upon what they look like, I may end up peeling and canning tomatoes for the rest of the day and night. I decided to purchase only one bushel of tomatoes this year since I still have some canned tomatoes from last summer though not enough to last us through an Arizona winter. As for my green tomatoes? Waste not, want not.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Retrospection

You can never tell which way the train went by looking at the track.

No comments: