Thursday, September 14, 2006

Word of the Day

Teaquilibreum - To have your tea fixed perfectly.

HTP is busy designing and printing up my labels! Woohoo! I've got labels.

I'm not going to start the countdown clock for our return trip to Arizona. Not yet. I always manage to screw it up an then I have to go back and apologize and fix things. I did make our reservations for three of the nights. At least, I think so. We're going to stay three nights in Vegas before we continue on to our home in Arizona. HTP is going to make reservations for the rest of the nights. That's a more difficult task.

I picked the beans. I think this may be the last picking until first frost. Though I think I could can the beans that I picked, I think we'll have them to eat with supper tonight instead. I'll still have to glean the rest of the beans when I put the garden to bed for the winter. That should produce another few quarts.

We're supposed to get rain this weekend. I've noticed a definite drop off in the number of weekenders. I suppose once school starts the weekenders find their weekends filled with school sports, etc. That's just fine with me.

The cooler weather has really speeded things along in the fall leaf department. The leaves are changing on a daily basis. The colors are beautiful. Reds, oranges, yellows, and green. The sound of acorns dropping on the roof is always a sign of Fall. I'm still waiting for the ladybug invasion. When the ladybugs start attacking, then it truly is time to start packing stuff up for our return trip to Arizona.

Murphyism of the Day

LaGuardia's Law

Statistics are like expert witnesses--they will testify for either side.

No comments: